Postes > Store Business Navigation and Operations Manager (BNOM)
Store Business Navigation and Operations Manager (BNOM)
Description de poste
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !
A day in your life with us:
- Navigate the growth of IKEA retailing and steer the business towards sustained long-term profitability;
- Provide accurate, relevant and user-friendly business information for effective decision-making;
- Analyze business information and identifying business opportunities;
- Accountable for overall availability, quality of logistics and service operations while being an active partner in the store commercial and business planning process.
- Be an active business partner and contribute to business development initiatives;
- Establish follow-up mechanisms for projects;
- Work with other functions to assure the alignment of business information;
- Secure the business steering process works well in the store and that the store management is working towards agreed upon goals;
- Lead and develop leaders and teams in the areas of responsibility of the BNO function. Identify and develop talents and secure succession planning;
- Lead the store Business Plan process together with the store manager and management team and proactively working with local market data to understand people’s life at home and our customers experience in our different touch points to provide relevant insight;
- Drive and coordinate the financial business planning process and secure that the financial dimensions are aligned with the store challenges and priorities while involving and creating commitment among stakeholders when setting goals;
- Together with the commercial team identify commercial opportunities and promote the use of business case thinking when evaluating and acting on these;
- Provide a safe and secure environment for our customers, suppliers and co-workers. Secure implementation of relevant rules and guidelines in the areas of risk and compliance;
- Supporting the management team to create Actions Plans for their areas of responsibility. These are based on the store business plan, agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Take responsibility to summarize and communicate our Financial Goals (including P&L) to ensure that they are agreed, communicated and clearly understood by everyone.
- Proactively working to develop the Scenario Plans based on how we will take fast action if the performance is better or worse than planned. You ensure these scenarios are well documented, realistic and communicated.
- Take an active part in creating the IKEA store business plan and use the country business plan.
- Driving the follow-up process to ensure we focus on delivering the business plan. You support your colleagues to achieve their goals.
- Responsible for co-coordinating and agreeing updated forecasts throughout the year. You ensure the Business navigation team at Service Office is up-dated.
- Responsible for securing that the costs are in line with goals and to highlight deviations and potentials, in order that we can take action to achieve our goals.
- Encourage your team and colleagues to discover even more effective and cost conscious ways of working to make us quicker, leaner and simpler, and through this lower our cost structure.
- Negotiate cost effective contracts with external service providers under your direct responsibility and support your colleagues to do the same, always using the tools and competence provided by Indirect Material & Services (IMS). When you do this you always consider the sustainability aspect and the environmental impact.
- Oversees the smooth functioning of the store with relation to assignments concerning Recovery, Maintenance and IT.
- Work with your colleagues to analyze benefits, costs and investments and develop business cases. You do this to ensure that we invest in projects that give a good return on investment, exceeding our customers’ expectations, whilst securing our long-term profitability.
- Communicate relevant business information and goals to managers and co-workers, in a way which engages and inspires them to create meaningful actions to achieve our agreed goals.
- BSc or MSc in Finance or Business Controlling
- Previous experience in a Business Controlling/commercial role with proven strong analytical and numerical skills
- A thorough understanding of the profit and loss and key performance measurements that we use to plan, follow up and steer the business
- Proven record of consistently meeting agreed budgets and goals, and working on plans over a number of years. Setting and implementing action goals and providing clear direction and following up goals
- Ability to develop knowledge of the national and global market and business conditions, and take commercial decisions based on this information
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in a fast-paced retail environment
- Experience and interest in retailing and/or home furnishing
- Experience of leading and managing a team preferably gained in retailing and/or sales
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Experience of adapting to different styles of working to get the best out of all the team (situational leadership)
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.