Postes > Production Engineer, New Business
Description de poste
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us!
In South Asia we’re on an exciting journey of expanding our business by adding new suppliers & categories and strengthening our existing suppliers.
If you like challenges and really making a difference, maybe this journey is for you!
- Responsible for Quality Assurance including process control for key processes in the production
- Responsible for Supplier development for quality and manufacturing with a long-term view to identify and implement actions of SDP projects to secure suppliers production can achieve quality, capacity, throughput and cost expectation; starting with the GO/NOGO requirements in place all times.
- Lead the running range (hand over from PTE at first delivery inspection) towards the suppliers and secure the supply chain is robust with an effective quality management system, right quality and full compliance to IKEA requirements at all time.
- Responsible for continuously improve the supplier's production processes (reduction in scrap rate, defects, efficiency gains etc.) and share best practices/knowledge by gathering and conveying product and production experiences to create pre-conditions for the suppliers to take full responsibility for their performance.
- Lead product deviation process with sense of urgency towards the causing part and capture learning from previous product deviations. Secure root-cause analysis, stock correction and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for received Quality Alarms and claims.
- Lead industrialization of minor new product development and contribute with competence to other news developments including product/production risk assessment.
- Secure implementation of new and updated requirements.
- Secure final inspection and regular follow up and feedback to the suppliers regarding quality performance to improve Customer Experienced Product Quality.
- Lead production risk assessments at suppliers.
- Evaluate potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems.
- Very good knowledge of production processes and technologies.
- Very good knowledge of IKEA requirements, standards and test methods
- Very good at evaluate the suppliers technical capability and Quality performance to produce the IKEA product(s)
- Good knowledge of Democratic design and customer needs and expectations regarding function, customer friendliness and products critical to quality (CTQ).
- Good knowledge of Quality assurance set up including cost calculation and materials
Good knowledge of Lean production methods and tools (Root cause, FMEA, fishbone etc.).
- Good knowledge IKEA documentation system (e.g. PDOC and CONNECT).
- Understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, IKEA Business model for growth and key processes (e.g. PDP, SDP, DPOP) and IKEA Purchasing Manual.
- Understanding of relevant Category Plans and Total Cost.
- Genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements.
- Result oriented, high energy and self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together with suppliers and in IKEA.
- Sense of urgency and a never compromise attitude towards quality.
- Eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes.
- Interest and drive to build trust and partnership to reach common goals.
- Process oriented with good analytical skills and a structured approach.
- Ability to lead projects and implementation to secure product quality and customer satisfaction for a reasonable price.
- Capability to build trust and relationships, for long-term business partnership by act in reality.
- Engage and motivate people by sharing experiences and coaching others.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view; always act with the customer, supplier and total IKEA in mind.
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal.
If interested pls apply for this position not later than 31st May 2022. In case of any questions regarding the position, please connect with Hiring Manager , Joakim Ankelhed or People & Culture Generalist , Jaswinder Sharma for any questions related to the recruitment process.
Kindly note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today. We look forward knowing you more.