Food Manager, IKEA Delft (full-time)
Description de poste
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 443 IKEA stores in 53 countries around the world. The IKEA Delft store is part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. We’ve noticed that many people stay and grow with us longer than with most other companies. Come see things a little differently with us.
About the Job
IKEA Food Delft is in the top 10 IKEA Food departments globally and it’s number one in Europe, the team consists of 120 people. As the IKEA Food Manager in Delft, you will lead, support and guide this team.
In addition to leading IKEA Food Delft, you are also part of the store management team. You lead and manage IKEA Food to fulfil the purpose of our function by building business and people together. You strive towards making people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again. The IKEA Delft store is part of Inter IKEA Systems, but at the same time is operating in the Netherlands. Due to this, you are closely working together with the IKEA Food country manager of IKEA Netherlands.
· The customer restaurant at IKEA Delft is currently closed due to Covid-19. The area is being refurbished and we are planning to re-open in September. Your first assignment will be to guide and support the team during the re-opening.
· You are a passionate leader who is really focused on the people part of leadership. You are able to bring business and people together
· You have a commercial mind-set and are able to inspire and challenge the co-workers to approach things from both a customer and commercial view.
· You ensure a safe and healthy working environment for co-workers in accordance with local legal requirements and established IKEA standards.
· You challenge costs by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way.
· You operate IKEA food in accordance with legislation. You are accountable for operating the IKEA Food areas within the IKEA Delft store in accordance with IKEA Quality and Food Safety requirements. You promote a “safety-first” culture.
· You implement the IKEA HACCP plan to meet and secure the store’s requirements. You also ensure that HACCP routines are known and followed in all daily work
· You take an active part in creating the IKEA store business plan and use the country business plan, based on Growing IKEA together and IKEA Food Direction & Strategy, as input. You work with your team to develop and implement a clear IKEA Food action plan which is followed up regularly.
· You are responsible for implementing the range matrix (global and national) to secure a strong IKEA food range identify that distinguishes the IKEA store form our competitors on the market
· You have in-depth knowledge of the completion on the local market, this allows you to support the IKEA Delft store in being the leader in life at home.
· You secure that the IKEA Food is always in shape as new
· You create awareness of IKEA Food as the most important in-store marketing tool for maximizing the IKEA store’s sales potential
We are looking for a leader with a passion for Food & People. In this role it’s important to you are able to build strong relationships with other departments in the IKEA Delft store. IKEA Food is not the main product area of IKEA, yet there is no other place in IKEA with such a high number of customers, every day again. Due to this, it’s important that you are a strong leader, who shows the importance of IKEA Food and who has good networking and relationship skills.
In addition we are looking for someone with the ability to:
• Manage a high-volume and vibrant retail environment.
• Lead and develop people to excellence in performance.
• Lead change and make things happen.
• Organise, plan and prioritise.
• Take responsibility and delegate when necessary.
• Communicate well with others and influence and cooperate with different functions.
• See how IKEA Food contributes to increasing the overall performance of the IKEA Delft store.
How will you grow?
In the position of IKEA Food Manager you will get the possibility to further develop your commercial and leadership skills. This is a great opportunity for you to get a good overview of a broad operation and learn more about the IKEA Delft store and how we can attract more visitors and make them smile.
Please reply with your CV and a motivation letter in English. Applications without a letter and / or CV will not be taken into consideration.
At IKEA the customers is in focus. Our customers visits the store at various times, also in the evening, in weekends, during national holidays and during school holiday. We expect that you will be present when the customer visits us. Of course, you have an impact on you schedule yourself as well.
If you grow IKEA grows. Together with us you can explore the career possibilities in an inspirational working experience with international options. We offer you a spot where people are given the possibility to do what they do best. Let us grow together!