Postes > Production Engineer (m/f/d) – Custom Made Worktops
Description de poste
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to provide purchasing and logistics services to source and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing & Logistics Area North (PLAN) is one of seven Purchasing & Logistics Areas in the world, and our co-workers are based in Älmhult, Dortmund, Kaunas, and Moscow. PLAN consists of several functions, such as Purchasing Development, Supply Chain Operations with Quality Support Centre (QSC) and Supply Chain Development.
We are now looking to recruit a Production Engineer to join our Custom Made Worktops team in Purchasing Development!
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
We seek a Production Engineer (m/f/d) for Custom Made Worktops, at Purchasing & Logistics Area North - based in Dortmund, permanent employment, fulltime.
As a Production Engineer you will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. As part of the business team, you will work together with the suppliers to develop and secure the production process, handling of quality deviations and secure compliance to all IKEA requirements.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Secure Quality Assuranceincluding supporting for implementing process control for key processes in production
- Perform product auditsand production risk assessmentsat supplier
- Lead the running rangeat the suppliers to secure full compliance of IKEA requirements
- Lead the supplier developmentfor quality and manufacturing with responsibility to identify and implement actions and execution of Supplier Development Process projects
- Lead product deviation processes, securing root-cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventive actions
- Secureimplementation of new and update requirements
- Securefinal inspection and regular follow up and feedback to the suppliers regarding quality performance
- Contribute to the development projects with your technical perspective
- Work closely with the suppliers to secure the product launch at due date
- Contribute to product developmentwith customer needs in focus
- In all situations act as an IKEA ambassador
We are looking for you who have:
- Experience in production environment and/or process/product development
- Experience or knowledge in board-based furniture manufacturing is an advantage
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical background
- Understanding of customers' needs and expectations
- Good communication skills; wiliness and ability to work in team
- Good balance between overall view and details
- Very good computer software skills (MS Office applications)
- Driving license Cat. B
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. German and Polish are an advantage
Capabilities & Motivation
- Process oriented with good analytical skills and a structured approach
- Ability to lead projects and implementations to secure product quality and customer satisfaction for a reasonable price
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view as well as always act with the customer, supplier, and total IKEA in mind
- Genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements
- Result oriented, high energy and self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people
- Sense of urgency and prioritization without any compromise on quality
- Eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes
- Engage and motivate people by sharing experiences and coaching others
- Interest and drive to build trust and long-term partnership to reach common goals
*Please, note that this job requires frequent travelling.
We offer you varied work tasks both in the office and at IKEA suppliers in Germany and Poland with a fun, friendly, non-hierarchical, open and international team atmosphere. Moreover, you have a wide range of education and self-development possibilities. We also hope you want to contribute with your unique competence to IKEAs future growth!
Submit your application online, including your resume and cover letter, via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters as soon as possible, but latest on June 27th, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please send an email to Alejandra Canizares (Alejandra.firstname.lastname@example.org), who is the business development manager of this team. Questions about the recruitment process, you can send us an email in the system and we will come back to you as soon as possible.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities, and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
We look forward to receiving your application!