Postes > Sustainability Developer, Category Electronics & Home Accessories
Description de poste
At IKEA we see things a little differently. We believe that your values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow.
IKEA Supply has the responsibility to produce and supply IKEA stores with beautiful, functional and sustainable home furnishing solutions, affordable for the many people. We are constantly on the way, building a better IKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified way, based on our culture, values and with customers, people and the environment in focus.
Category Area Electronics & Home Accessories is responsible for sourcing a variety of products that span from kitchen appliances, lighting solutions and connected products, to tableware and beautiful home decoration accessories such as candles and green plants for all IKEA stores globally. We are nearly 280 co-workers in 17 different locations. We are passionate about life at home, ambient & atmosphere, and technology applied to the home environment.
Hej! I am Aurora, Sustainability Manager at Category Area Electronics and Home Accessories. I am working together with a team of highly competent and motivated Sustainability Developers across the globe to make sure our business generates a positive impact on people and the planet. I am now looking for a new sustainability developer to join our team.
Ready to co-create?
As Sustainability Developer you will, together with the Category Manager and the Category Area Sustainability Manager, lead, develop and deploy the sustainability strategy for your assigned categories. This means that you will secure that sustainability is an integrated part of the total business development process.
Among your main focus areas, you will drive positive change on the climate impact generated by production operations at IKEA supplier partners, our raw materials down the supply chain, and the use of our products, enabling more sustainable industrial operations, responsible sourcing of critical raw materials and components, and more sustainable products to our customers.
You will lead the development of IKEA supplier partners towards advanced and excellent performance against the IKEA supplier Code of Conduct (IWAY) maximizing the positive impact on people and the planet.
You will support identifying more sustainable solutions within production technologies and materials and work together with range development and product improvement functions in the organization, to deploy them in products and production.
You will be a member of the Sustainability Development Matrix Group within Purchasing Development, contributing to the overall development of the IKEA Sustainability agenda, leading, executing and contributing to global development projects and initiatives.
Are you wondering how would you make it happen? Read below some of your everyday assignments:
- Understanding, framing, and quantifying the sustainability related challenges and opportunities
- Identifying, designing, and implementing ways of working, to respond to those challenges
- Leading and boosting the sustainability-related competence development agenda within the assigned categories and supplier partners
- Engaging supplier partners to take full ownership of their sustainability impacts as well as the execution of their sustainability plans
- Leading sustainability related projects in alignment with the Category and Category Area plans and priorities
- Collecting, verifying, validating, aggregating, and storing data and facts required to quantify impacts
- Producing data reporting and analytics to enable decision makers taking well informed and fact-based decisions in their businesses
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability of building trust, enabling change, engaging, and inspiring stakeholders within the scope of responsibility
- Strong knowledge in the climate field with focus on international policies, schemes, initiatives, and programs towards a low carbon economy
- Previous work experience or sound knowledge related to energy management and energy efficiency within the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the global renewable energy market
- Previous work experience with sustainability development projects, preferably within purchasing operations
- Familiarity with raw materials climate footprints and LCA methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management skills with a good track record of directly or indirectly leading projects
- Familiarity with industry Code of Conducts
- Excellent English
- Preferred - Environmental/Sustainability related education background
As a Sustainability Developer you have a strong, genuine passion for sustainability and willingness to make a significant positive impact. You are result-driven, action oriented and business-minded, with a genuine interest to explore new solutions that can deliver more sustainable practices to the industry. You have the ability to make things happen in a simple and straightforward way involving others and creating consensus. You are independent and self-driven when needed, but a strong teammate eager to work with and through others. You are able to lead and drive areas of responsibility both on your own as well as through others. You enjoy being the spider in the web between different stakeholders within the organization, leading business and people together with a clear ability to communicate and influence.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Make your and others' dreams come true!
Submit your application in English as soon as possible but not later thanJanuary 31st, 2022.
The Sustainability Developer function reports to the Category Area Sustainability Manager. The position can be located in Dortmund, Germany or Warsaw, Poland. Please, be aware that the role may involve extensive traveling domestic and international.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities, and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
We look forward to hearing from you!