Postes > Graphic Communication Specialist
Description de poste
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To inspire and surprise visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA home furnishing offer with strong visual impressions that exceed visitors’ expectations. This will strengthen the IKEA Brand and convert more visitors into customers
- Use graphic communication competence to strengthen the uniqueness and consistency of the IKEA identity in store communication by applying the principles of IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Plan, implement and evaluate store communication to ensure that it conveys the benefits of the IKEA Concept as well as completes and enhances range presentation by using proven solutions, best practices, guidelines and national directions.
- Actively contribute to developing, implementing and evaluating store communication strategies that support a convenient shopping experience by using knowledge about life at home shopping behaviour in the local market.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Communication & Interior Design team and other functions in the store, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Secure visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing store communication.
- Stay up to date with knowledge about home furnishing, communication and retail design trends to follow creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- Have relevant experience in graphic communication design, media and typography.
- Highly computer proficiency in computer knowledge using relevant design software in Mac environment (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator Photoshop and etc) and production tools (e.g. printers, pre-press production and print techniques).
- A passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home.
- Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics and always customer-focused mindset.
- Able to prioritise and organise own work to make the most efficient use of available time and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast retail and goal-based environment.
You are invited to this Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin Life at Home Journey with IKEA. Your job application will be prioritized when you complete the life at Home Journey with IKEA.
Please apply by 15 July 2022.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and crate a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.