Postes > Safety & Security Manager
Description de poste
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- To ensure that IKEA store is always a safe and secure environment for visitors and co-workers. Also to ensure that IKEA products and store are compliant with the IKEA Group Risk Manual and with local regulations.
- To analyse incidents reported in the store and identify good solutions and ideas for improving. Constantly updating Store Management, Service Office matrix partner and regional matrix peers on changes in safety and security practices and sharing of best practices.
- To conduct regular preventive maintenance on all systems; fire alarm, fire extinguishing, CCTV, alarms, and other safety-related systems is completed and documented and that the systems are in good working condition.
- To prevent all types of accidents, crime and fraud in the stores and carry out and follow up investigation. Conduct regular training to increase awareness of safety and security in all co-workers.
- To also take responsibilities to liaise with the local authorities and organizations as a representative of the Company.
- To participate actively in the store’s Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Committee. And be part of the store’s crisis management team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational
- Health/Safety, Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the Real Estate Operations field, preferably shopping centres, with 3+ years in managerial level
- Strong understanding of safety and security issues. Fundamentals of criminal and civil law.
- Ability to design and deliver the complete training packages and programs.
- Risk assessment and accident prevention skills, knowledge of fire fighting skills.
- Strong leadership skills, judgment, able to delegate responsibility with belonging authority.
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proven Communication and organizational skills
- Commercial awareness and customer service oriented approach
- Financial responsibility and budgeting experience
- Keeping costs within budget
- Retail, Customer service or shopping centre experience
- Ability to substitute the Operations Manager in case of his/her absence and work in shifts as a Duty Manager covering all opening hours of the centre.
- Willing to work shift hours, weekends and public holidays.
Please apply by 30 January 2023.
You are invited to this Life at Home Journey with IKEA, click here to begin Life at Home Journey with IKEA. Your job application will be prioritized when you complete the Life at Home Journey with IKEA.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards.
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.