The purpose of the Tax Department is to manage all direct and indirect tax matters for the Ingka Group in the country to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements. The Tax Department is an active partner to internal and external stakeholders in respect of all relevant tax topics.
Although the key requirement of the role is set out below, it is expected that the role holder will use their experience to determine what needs to be considered and actioned.
• Min of 5+ years’ experience in Tax, some in an advisory in-house capacity
• Expertise in Employment Taxes
• Demonstrable autonomy
• Strong relationship / stakeholder management experience
• Retail experience
About the Role / Assignment
• The purpose of the role is to pro-actively deliver the employment tax advisory and compliance requirements of Ingka Group in the UK and Ireland. This includes preparation of the PSA and the P11Ds, along with employment tax relating to globally mobile employees, for example short term business visitor obligations. It requires interaction with and management of our third party supplier in respect of globally mobile employees. Ad hoc advice will be required in respect of Reward and employee benefits decisions and projects.
• The role has no direct reports and reports to the UK/IE Country Tax Manager.
• There is flexibility within the role to utilise expertise in Corporation Tax, Value Added Tax or Tax Governance, or develop that expertise – the surrounding team has sufficient employment tax expertise that this could be achieved by reallocating work.
This position is full time, you will work 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday on a fixed term contract duration of 15 months. The Service Office principal location is Hybrid working a minimum of 8 days per calendar month in the office and the remainder flexibly working remotely at home.
We are offering a competitive base salary for this role, depending on experience from £60,000 including the full IKEA Benefits Package.
To enable us to get to know you in the best way, we ask that you please include an up-to-date version of your CV with a cover letter.
Advertising Closing Date: 23rd May 2023
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual interview with the hiring team.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon clear results in mandatory background checks. Backgrounds checks must be completed by all successful candidates and will include , prior employment, credit check and professional reference verifications.
If you have any questions regarding the role or around the recruitment experience, please contact Cheryl Craig.
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talents to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family’s everyday needs. Read more about the wonderful IKEA every day here: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/this-is-ikea/work-with-us/
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make a great idea a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognized for our diverse talents.