Postes > Communication and Interior Design Manager
Description de poste
IKEA's vision is to create a better everyday life for the majority of people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home products at such low prices that as many people as possible have access to them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
What is the purpose of this job?
To lead, develop and inspire the Com&In team and other functions in the store in increasing the home furnishing interest of the many people and creating demand for home furnishing solutions and know-how in the local market.
Accountable for the store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA Brand as the leader in life at home.
What are the main responsibilities of this job?
- Lead and inspire the store Com&In team to use knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business.
- Partner with the store manager to stimulate and increase interest in home furnishing for all co-workers in the store.
- Be the creative leader by initiating and facilitating workshops to generate creative directions.
- Secure vitality and seasonality in the store by creating and implementing a store commercial calendar together with the store management team.
- Lead the store Com&In team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA Brand and distances IKEA retailers from the competition.
- Secure that the store commercial team has the right understanding of store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to the work method for range presentation.
- Contribute with knowledge of people's life at home and consumer shopping behaviour in the creation and implementation of the store business plan.
- Based on the national competence development plan, identify current and future business needs in order to recruit, develop and retain a high performing and passionate store Com&In team.
- Lead and challenge the Com&In team to constantly take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short and long term.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
What are the requirements of the job?
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing and the IKEA range.
- Provide home furnishing and store solutions that improve people’s life at home and exceed visitors' shopping experience.
- Passionate about developing people as well as growing personal competence and using this to benefit the IKEA organisation.
- Driven to exceed goals and improve ways of working by helping the team to achieve goals and develop.
- Home furnishing the IKEA way (living situations, style groups, store communication, furnish with light).
- Range presentation the IKEA way (layout as a commercial tool, store media, display techniques).
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research, e.g. IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey, IKEA Brand Capital.
- Understand trends that influence home furnishing. Work method for presenting the range the IKEA way.
- Understand the IKEA Concept and IKEA Brand objectives.
- IKEA mechanical sales system.
- IKEA strategic landscape, global tools and solutions.
- Understand how to lead creative processes.
- Understand how to build business competence through recruitment, competence development, retention and succession.
- Ability to combine and identify commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Ability to create a trustful and creative environment.
- Good analytical and strategic skills, including the ability to steer the store business over the short, mid and long term.
- Extensive experience of working in a design-orientated role (interior design, graphic design, visual merchandising and/or store planning).
- Possess a design-based education.
- Experienced in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes in a changing environment.
- Experienced in visually expressing the brand identity of a company.
- Visual competence, including a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrate clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation.
- Set and implement action plans, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow up goals.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Experience of problem solving.
This position is based in Mexico City (Oceanía) and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective.
Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here!
Send your resume in english.