The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
For our Data to Insights project, we are looking for a proactive enthusiast who drives data strategy, implementation and development, and shares our overall vision of “creating a better everyday life for the many people”. As a Data Engineer in our Data to Insights project, you take on regional responsibilities, striving to achieve project accomplishments within tight timelines. A snapshot of your key responsibilities.
· Design, script and maintain data management pipeline involving data quality, testing, and information delivery and access to the data warehouse. Continuously optimize & improve database performance, processes and perform housekeeping /backups/ restores.
· Plan, lead and support project technical activities, scheduling, discussions and record/ follow up/ resolve technical issues in alignment with overall project schedules.
· Build up new capabilities for Data Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics to support business.
· Participate in the full software development life-cycle: from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support and maintenance.
· Part of the project team to implement and operate a near real-time, large scale, high volume, high performance data infrastructure and high performance production systems to support advanced analytics.
As a Data Engineer, you motivate & drive the project to a greater height with knowledge, skills & experience that match the needs of the job.
Data savvy, passionate about enterprise & scalable data solutions, with at least 3 years of experience implementing data solutions.
Experience and knowledgeable in the following areas are required :
Microsoft Azure Synapse
New generation technologies i.e. Spark, Scala, Kafka, Advanced Python
Data visualisation tools i.e. Qlikview, Qlik Sense
Demonstrable knowledge of end-to-end data management and business intelligence solution, with strong focus on multi-dimensional concept.
You are curious, meticulous, flexible with a positive attitude and equipped with strong learning initiative, problem solving and communication skill.
Excellent analytical and planning skills, with a drive for result and optimization.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We want to get to know you, make sure you tell us why you want to work as a Data Engineer at IKEA Southeast Asia and why you would be a good fit for this role. We are curious to learn about your passion in data and analytics.
Please send in your application; CV and Cover Letter in Englishby 16th August 2020.