The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- To actively approach customers who you see require additional help.
- To identify their needs by asking the right questions and advise them on the best solutions for their homes in order to exceed their expectations.
- To understand how to use the different IKEA sales and communication channels and know-how for the different customers you meet.
- To keep your area of responsibility clean, tidy, priced and fully stocked, and ensure that the IKEA basic merchandising standards are in place at all times to give customers a positive shopping experience.
- To convey passion about IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits, and you share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- To understand the store and department action plans. You take responsibility for your department goals and know how you contribute.
- To ensure you maximise sales whilst maintaining profitability by knowing and actively steering towards the top selling and prioritised products (e.g. overstock/overtag).
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of working in a customer- and commercial-oriented business.
- Confident in approaching and talking to people in a proactive manner.
- Interest in people’s everyday life at home and home furnishing.
- Good personal discipline, meticulous and able to work in fast-paced retail environment.
- Willing to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Willing to work on shift.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be prioritized when you complete the assignment.
Read more about:
FAQ for Part Time Employment with IKEA