We have a fantastic opportunity for a Store Communication & Interior Design Manager at our Reading store.
The key feature of the role will be to lead, direct and inspire a large team of leaders and team members, therefore, it is essential for this role that you will have leadership experience preferably in a fast paced retail and commercial environment. Your not only the In-Store Head of Design and Communications but are also part of the senior unit management team within the store.
WHAT WE OFFER
. Salary £42,000
• 39-hour contract working 5 days over 7 with every 2nd weekend off and 1 late finish per week.
Start date to be discussed at interview.
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day, and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
• 15% co-worker discount and access to I-Benefits Discount Portal, helping you save £100s on high street retailers.
• Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal.
• X3 Life Assurance enhanced statutory pension contributions and interest free loans.
• Holiday on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
• Family friendly policies AND benefits.
• Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day.
• Free parking and you can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHO YOU ARE
• Experience in leading and managing teams, which includes leading leaders, and motivate and inspire a team in reaching goals, generating growth and long-term profitability.
• You have experience in setting and implementing action plans and budgets.
• A design-based education and extensive experience working in a design-oriented role.
• You have experience in visually expressing the brand identity of a company.
• Demonstrated experience utilising clear communication and coaching skills, such as the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation.
• Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market by using the IKEA product range to show many relevant, functional, beautiful, sustainable and affordable solutions in different distinct styles.
• Securing the use of the interior design layout as a commercial tool to plan and implement commercial strategies throughout the store.
• Recruiting, developing and leading your team.
• Secure that the store commercial team has the right understanding of store layout, range presentation and store communication, thereby contributing to the work method for range presentation.
• Lead and challenge the Communication & Interior Design team to constantly take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short-and long term.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step: Please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help!