What you'll need to have
• 1 year work experience
• Retail experience in safety, security, or loss prevention preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Candidates in Oregon, New York, and St. Louis, MO, must be eligible to obtain a security guard license as required by applicable local law. Obtaining the security guard license is a required condition of employment for this role.
What you'll be doing day to day
• Ensures the safety and security of the people and property per local regulations
• Completes safety, security, and compliance audits and trainings
• Maintains critical safety equipment such as alarms, radios, and security systems
• Reports and follows up on incidents that occur
• Responds to and coordinates emergency situations in work areas such as burglar alarms, fire alarms, active shooter and other emergency events
Together as a Team
You could think that we have supernatural powers, but the truth is that our team is really great at putting our insights together to detect potential risks early on. We’re a diverse group of people who work together to protect and strengthen the IKEA brand through our laser focus on risk management, data protection, compliance, business operations, health and safety. Thanks to us our assets, co-workers, visitors and customers can feel safe. At least we think that’s pretty cool!
The hourly pay range for this role is $20.20 - $28.84
Whether you're part time or full time, we offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vison, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more.
*eligible starting at only 20 hrs/wk
JOB TYPE – Permanent, Full-time
BENEFITS ELIGIBLE? Yes, Full Benefits!
HOURS – 40 hours per week, weekends required. Schedule released 3-4 weeks in advance.