Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
- Use graphic communication competence to strengthen the uniqueness and consistency of the IKEA identity in store communication by applying the principles of IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support longterm profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Plan, implement and evaluate store communication to ensure that it conveys the benefits of the IKEA Concept as well as completes and enhances range presentation by using proven solutions, best practices, guidelines and national directions.
- Actively contribute to developing, implementing and evaluating store communication strategies that support a convenient shopping experience by using knowledge about life at home and shopping behaviour in the local market.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other functions in the store, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Secure visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing store communication.
- Stay up to date with knowledge about home furnishing, communication and retail design trends to follow creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- Keep visitors in mind and minimise disruption when working on the shop floor.
- An education in graphic communication design, media and typography.
- Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Ability to explain concepts verbally and visual interpretation.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work to make the most efficient use of available time and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Good attention to details.
- Practical hands-on approach to work.
- Basic communication skills in English, good verbal and written skills in country- (market-) specific language(s)
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production tools, e.g. printers, pre-press production and print techniques.
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Ability to work together with others in a team.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
- Have a flexible hands-on approach to responsibilities and an ability to meet set deadlines.