Located in Shanghai, Development Centre East Asia is affiliated to the IKEA of Sweden. Our assignment is to lead product development capabilities close to people and partners in strategic locations to deliver IKEA product range with simplicity, speed and low cost. Through Democratic Design we ensure a relevant product range on IKEA markets with a strong IKEA identity and uniqueness.
We are now looking for Mechanical Design Engineer, come to join us!
As Mechanical Design Engineer, you are responsible to develop, document and improve mechanical engineering solutions.
· Responsible to create product drawing by using solid works according to IKEA CAD standard.
· Responsible to create, visualize and optimize the mechanical design related to set product requirements.
· Responsible to perform Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) analysis such as finite element analysis (FEA) and optimization including act as interface towards simulation engineers.
· Capture learnings and actively share knowledge connected to mechanical engineering.
We are looking for the people with:
· Finds motivation in Home furniture products and IKEA values.
· A passion to deliver world class mechanical engineering solutions.
· Get energy from fulfilling goals/plans and to see the result of a team effort.
· University degree in engineering or equivalent, master degree would be a plus.
· Solid Works skills in professional level.
· Mechanical engineering knowledge (mechanics, tolerancing, drawing technique, 3D models, material, production etc.)
· Solid knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) analysis such as finite element analysis (FEA) and optimization driven structural analysis, and solving static linear problems.
· Analytical and creative skills with ability to transfer knowledge, ideas and data into mechanical design.
· Ability to handle large quantities of information and work with several product development teams
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Sounds interesting? Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 15 March 2022. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.
Curious to know more? Let´s connect! For more questions about the role, please contact People&Culture Support Emma Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org).