The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
You build, lead and develop IKEA and the IKEA Tampines in accordance with the IKEA vision, IKEA business idea and the IKEA Human Resources Idea to secure the short, medium and long term growth, and profitability of our business. Reporting to the Store Manager, you are concurrently responsible for a specific function of the store operations, initiating, coordinating, and driving programmes to achieve the store’s financial and commercial goals.
- Growing our market share by making the IKEA store more accessible to the many people and encouraging existing customers to shop more frequently over time and new consumers to become regular customers. An excellent shopping experience is always top of mind.
- Establish common goals, follow up and coach the performance of members of the store management team and develop their competencies.
- Ensure that the store achieves IKEA’s positioning objectives and operates as a highly efficient sales machine, implementing the IKEA Concept to achieve profitability, customer and co-worker satisfaction.
- Support the Store Manager to steer the store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives and values.
- By focusing on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), you will ensure that the IKEA mechanical sales system and merchandising basics are in throughout the store. You will manage store activities with various campaigns and drive sales and maximize profits.
- Ensuring all co-workers are highly motivated and efficient co-worker allocation to meet visitors’ and customers’ needs. You actively lead and develop cooperation across all areas of the store and with Service Office, through working closely together, sharing knowledge and showing understanding of each other’s responsibilities to achieve our objectives.
- Secure a competent and highly performing team and to attract, develop and inspire our co-workers in order to position the IKEA as the best employer in our local market.
- You are passionate about people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishings. You are likely to have 8-10 years of management experience in high volume or multi-unit retail environment.
- You can take a multi-dimensional view, considering customers, commercial, people, financial and operational perspectives.
- You possess strong leadership qualities, able to lead by example, and support co-workers in their growth and development, according to their individual ability and experience.
- You are someone who likes a challenge and one who invests in developing local succession.
- You possess strategic, analytical and tactical abilities, and can develop in-depth knowledge of local market demographics and economic conditions, with proven record of setting and implementing action plans, and providing clear directions, and following up of goals.