• Comfortable speaking in front of groups
• Basic first aid, CPR certification
• Ability to share knowledge and experience
• Good understanding of emergency systems and alarm systems.
• Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
• Good communication and customer service skills to deal with general public and truck drivers
• A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Ensure that all emergency systems, (Emergency Exit/Lights, Sprinkler System, Fire Extinguishers, Evacuation Systems), are functioning at all times.
• Ensure that Fire and Burglar alarm systems are functioning properly at all times, and that communication between IKEA and the monitoring company is effective.
• Provide daily communication/direction to the contract Security Guards.
• Test air quality of containers and vent if needed.
• Conduct safety/security audits and inspections as directed by the Safety and Security Manager.
• Document all reportable incidents in IRS and ensure that all information is communicated to the Safety and Security manager if needed.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
In our team we take pride in seeing everyone around us grow and develop, and we encourage people to experiment, test, try - and sometimes fail. As long as they learn along the way! We know that everything is changing more rapidly today and that we sometimes need to lead in the unknown. So we throw ourselves out there to explore new possibilities and ways of doing things to make both our people and our business prosper.