The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
About the job
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this MANAGERIAL role is responsible for the optimization and development of the outbound operations in the store to maximize the store's logistical performance. He/She also ensures the preconditions for effective and efficient outflow processes, (replenishment, picking, packing and handover).
· You are responsible for daily operations in areas connected to fulfillment operations, thereby securing an excellent customer experience through quality of products, stock accuracy and delivery precision;
· You are responsible in the optimization of the store outbound processes, utilization of the operational capacity, usage of equipment and people to contribute to successful customer fulfillment in all sales channels;
· You contribute to positioning IKEA retailers and the IKEA Brand as responsible partners in lowering environmental impact;
· You ensure that the outbound teams work in compliance with the IKEA code of conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security, working environment and the environment;
· You are responsible to ensure an effective communication flow to relevant stakeholders in all outbound process related topics.
· You have atleast 3-5 years experience in working in a fast-paced retail and/or logistics role; proven ability in effectively leading and managing large teams in logistics operations;
· You are knowledgeable of logistics performance monitoring and how they should be used to plan, follow up and steer the business,
· You have good communication and interpersonal skills;
· You are results focused with excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with a keen eye for details;
· You are able to work during early and late hours of the day.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements.
Temporary work location will be at the 17th Floor, No. 8 Rockwell Building, Hidalgo Drive, Makati City.